7 PM Pulling Classes
- Light Weight Pulling Horses
- Heavy Weight Pulling Horses
1st-$500, 2nd-$400, 3rd-$350, 4th-$300, 5th-$250,
6th-$200, 7th-$150, 8th-$100 9th-$100, 10th-$100
A minimun of $50 paid to any participating team.
No Entry Fee
PULLING CONTEST RULES:
- Pulling distance shall be 27 1/2 feet.
- Width of the pulling area shall be 20 ft.
- No more than four persons shall be allowed with each team.
- Drivers shall have the choice of either riding or walking. However, if walking the driver must stay behind the doubletree.
- Drivers shall not be changed unless injury or sickness occurs. Changes are subject to approval by the judge.
- Three pulls shall be allowed for each weight.
- Drivers shall have three minutes to hook to the sled after being called to do so.
- Three succeeding attempts to hook to the sled shall constitute a pull.
- A pull shall be counted when the driver gives his horse the signal to pull.
- The team with the longest distance shall not return to pull until his distance is exceeded. At this time he shall return and pull immediately.
- If a tie occurs the team with the second longest distance shall be placed above the other team.
- Breakage of harness or equipment will constitute a pull with the distance being credited to the team. Five minutes shall be allowed for repair, with the team remaining in the pulling area.
- Hitching with cross tugs is prohibited.
- Teams may be tied together with check lines only.
- Bridles may be either open faced or with blinds, however, no change may be made after the contest starts.
- Any mistreatment of animals will not be allowed. Any team may be disqualified by the judge for infraction of this rule.
- Any team too rank or excited that the judge feels may endanger other teams, drivers, or spectators, may be excused from the pulling area by the judge.
- Any team getting free from the handlers will be disqualified from the contest.
- Any team suspected of drug usage will be turned over to the Humane Society for disciplinary action.
- The judge’s decision will be final.
- Twelve month negative coggins required.