- This event has passed.
Western Horse Show
September 9 @ 10:00 am - 5:00 pm
2023 WESTERN HORSE SHOW
- All competitors showing Tennessee Walking Horses or racking horses in an Association must have their horse inspected by the DQP before the class
- Persons under federal disqualification cannot transport horses to this show and can participate only as a spectator.
- Current 12 month negative coggins test is required prior to entering the show grounds and must be presented at the gate and secretary’s booth upon entry.
- Absolutely NO classes will be added.
- Juveniles will not be allowed to show a stallion in any juvenile class.
- The Russell County Fair Association will not be liable or responsible for any injury to any person, animal, or for any damage to, or loss of personal property on the show grounds and all horses are to be exhibited at the risk of the owner or exhibitors.
- Everyone entering the fairgrounds must purchase
SPONSORED BY THE RUSSELL COUNTY FAIR ASSOCIATION
Dr. B.A. Rucker
Announcers: Adam Wilson, Jan Bellows, Gaines Sutherland
Photos by Rose Stinson Photography
HORSE SHOW COMMITTEE MEMBERS
**STALLS can be reserved after August 1 by calling or texting Carley Morgan, 276-794-2460. Cost of stalls-$10.00/stall. Stalls will be assigned at the secretary’s booth. Absolutely no vehicles may be parked in front of the stall area.
• September 9th at 10:00 AM •
• Open Western Horse Show •
• Judge: Barbara Prather •
|1||$10.00||Open Western Halter – Ages 3 & Under|
|2||$10.00||Open Western Halter – Ages 4 & Over|
|3||$10.00||Youth Western Halter|
|4||$10.00||Best Groomed Pony or Horse-Exhibitor 12 & Under|
|***** 15 Minute Break *****|
|5||$25.00||Open Trail (Walk/Job/Lope)|
|8||FREE||Stick Horse Class|
|9||$10.00||Youth Western Walk/Jog|
|10||$10.00||Open Ranch Rail|
|11||$10.00||Egg & Spoon|
|12||$25.00||Open Western Pleasure-Rio Grande Perpetual
|13||$10.00||Pairs Ribbon Class|
|14||$10.00||Walk/Jog Ranch Riding Class|
|15||$10.00||Youth Ranch Riding|
|16||$25.00||Open Ranch Riding|
|17||$10.00||Ride a Buck|
|18||$10.00||Youth Speed Race|
|19||$25.00||Open Speed Race|
|20||$10.00||Youth Barrel Race|
|21||$25.00||Open Barrel Race|
|22||$10.00||Youth Pole Bending|
|23||$25.00||Open Pole Bending|
**Open, Youth, and Small Fry High Point Buckles will be awarded to the corresponding riders. High points will be based on a one horse, one rider pair. There is no cross entry between walk/jog and walk/jog/lope classes.**
** PREMIUM CHECKS NEED TO BE CASHED WITHIN 60 DAYS **
|* Unless Otherwise Stated|