- This event has passed.
Open Poultry Show
September 10, 2021 @ 6:00 pm
OPEN POULTRY SHOW
Russell County Fair 2021 Open Poultry Show Classes
- Standard Breed: (1) Rooster, (1) Hen, (1) Cockerel, (1) Pullet
- Bantam Breed: (1) Rooster, (1) Hen, (1) Cockerel, (1) Pullet Awards
- Overall Standard and Bantam Breed Grand Champions: $10.00
- Overall Reserve Standard and Bantam Breed Grand Champions: $5.00
|1st Place||2nd Place||3rd Place||4th Place|
(1st through 4th places: Awards will be paid on Rooster, Hen,
1. All entries, exhibitors and visitors are subject to these rules
2. The show is open to all entries of recognized standard and
3. Birds will be entered at the sole risk of the owner.
4. Entry Fee is $4.00 per bird.
5. All Poultry entered in the Russell County Fair must have originated from NPIP certified U.S. Pullorum /typhoid clean flocks OR have had a negative Pullorum/Typhoid test within thirty (30)
days of the fair.
6. All Out of State Exhibitors are required to have their birds tested for Avian Influenza within fourteen (14) days of the show.
**You will be required to show documented proof of all required
testing upon check in. State veterinarian will be present.**
7. Classes will be provided for Rooster, Hen, Cockerel, Pullet. Definition of Rooster and Hen: Poultry 12 months or older. Cockerel and Pullet: under 12 months old.
8. The Russell County Fair Association will not be responsible
for loss of poultry for any reason. Sick stock will not be allowed
in the livestock barn. Sick stock will be removed by the owner
of the poultry.
9. No person except the exhibitor, the judge, the veterinarian,
or the show management shall handle or feed any bird without
expressed permission of the exhibitor.