- This event has passed.
Miss Russell County Fair
August 31, 2019 @ 3:00 pm
Miss Russell County Fair 2019
Saturday, August 31, 2019 at 3:00
Lebanon High School
105 Charles C. Long Drive
Lebanon, VA 24266
Whitney Phillips, Director firstname.lastname@example.org
Russell County Fair Association
PO BOX 2105
Lebanon, VA 24266
***The Miss Russell County Fair pageant is open to contestants ages 0-22 residing in the
NINE surrounding counties of Southwest Virginia!!! (Russell, Scott, Wise, Lee, Washington, Smyth, Tazewell, Buchanan, and Dickenson)
All contestants must be a resident of Russell, Scott, Wise, Lee, Washington, Smyth, Tazewell, Buchanan, or Dickenson counties. They must be single, never married, without children, and be from 0 months to 22 years of age as of August 31st, 2019. Contestants competing in the Miss Russell County Fair age division must not have their 23rd birthday on or before January 2nd, 2020.
- Contestants must be of good moral character never having been pregnant, one that has not been convicted of a crime, nor has any criminal charges against her, one that has never done any act or engaged in any activity that could be characterized as dishonest, immoral, immodest, indecent, or in bad
- Winners are NOT eligible to enter the same division of competition the following
- Management has the right to combine or divide age
- JUDGES DECISIONS ARE FINAL!!! Score sheets are not given
5. Proof of residency and age is required upon request.
- Ages 0 months – 12 years will compete in Western Wear ONLY. Ages 13 years -22 years will compete in Personality Wear and change to Formal Evening Wear.
- Ages 16 to 22 will be required to participate in an interview portion that also requires a 30 second community involvement or platform speech. This will be held on Saturday, August 31st, 2019 at the high school prior to the Jr. Miss portion of the pageant. Contestants need to arrive interview ready!
8. ALL FEES, APPLICATIONS, PHOTOS, AND SPONORSHIP MONEY/ITEMS MUST BE RECEIVED THE EVENING OF REHEARSAL. NO EXCEPTIONS!!!
- Rehearsal is MANDATORY and will be at Russell County Fairgrounds: Tuesday, August 27th, 2019 from 7:00 p.m. – 8:30 p.m.
- For age divisions 0 months – 12 years the Pageant will begin at 3:00 sharp, Saturday, August 31st, After the conclusion of those age divisions there will be a 30 minute intermission and we will begin with the Jr. Miss category to be immediately followed by the Miss category.
- ALL contestants are encouraged to participate in the Sponsorship Queen portion of the pageant. The young lady who raises the most money will be our Sponsorship Queen and will receive a gorgeous crown and
- All Sponsors will need to be listed on the sheet provided in the application with the amount of the donation to help keep track of the monies that are turned in. This will be turned in the day of
- NO SPONSORSHIP MONEY WILL BE TAKEN AFTER THAT DAY.
PHOTOGENIC COMPETITION – $10 ENTRY FEE
- One 5X7 or 8X10 can be entered for Miss Photogenic. It needs to be a recent photo of the contestant, in a neutral frame, under glass, and will need to be turned in the day of rehearsal. The NAME, AGE, and ADDRESS must be on the back of the photo securely
- Photos will be judged in 4 categories: Ages 0 months – 4 years, 5 years – 9 years, 10 years – 15 years, and 16 years – 22 years. Photographs must be picked up immediately following the The pageant committee is NOT responsible for photos that are not picked up. Trophies and sashes will be presented to the winners. Only FOUR winners will be chosen for the entire pageant for Miss Photogenic.
PAGEANT COMPETITION – $35 ENTRY FEE
- Queens of Miss Russell County Fair are strongly encouraged to participate in Fair Activities during the 2019 Russell County Fair. Some of these include making appearances throughout the week at various fair functions, such as the Horse Show, RC Fair Raffle Giveaway, Senior Citizens Day, School Day,
- Each age division will have a Queen, First Runner Up, and Second Runner
- ALL contestants ages 0 months – 6 years will receive a Participation
- Miss Russell County Fair 2019 must agree to represent Russell County at the Virginia Association of Fairs Pageant in Hot Springs, VA on January 2nd-4th, 2020. This is an all-expense paid trip for the Queen. The contestant must be at the convention no later than 7:00 p.m. on Thursday, January 2nd,
- If the queen is unable to fulfill ANY responsibilities, which include attending various functions throughout the fair and year, the First Runner-Up will assume the responsibility and duties as Miss Russell County
- The Pageant Director will work closely with and guide the reigning Queen in ALL aspects of preparation for the Miss Virginia Association of Fairs competition. The Pageant Director will also approve ALL wardrobe selections and presentations prior to the VAF
- A prize of $350 will be awarded to the winner of the Miss Russell County Fair Pageant. This will be maintained by the Pageant Director to be used specifically for VAF competition costs. (Clothing allowance, hair, )
- PLEASE IF YOU HAVE ANY QUESTIONS BETWEEN NOW AND THE DATE OF REHEARSAL FEEL FREE TO CALL OR EMAIL WHITNEY PHILLIPS, MRCF DIRECTOR, AT 276-608-1602 OR email@example.com.