- This event has passed.
Virginia Egg Council Contest
September 2, 2018 @ 2:30 pm - 5:00 pm
VIRGINIA EGG COUNCIL
2018 BERRY DELICIOUS
* A recipe contest using berries and eggs *
Sunday, September 2nd, 2018 – 2:30 p.m. – 7:00 p.m.
Sponsored by the Virginia Egg Council
That’s right, this year’s recipe contest, sponsored by the VA Egg Council, and held at local county fairs all over the state is focusing on the addition of berries to make tasty egg recipes even more delicious. We think it’s a great idea, since the months that most fairs are held are also the time when berries are at their peak and super abundant. Plus, they add taste, color, texture, and are a great source of nutrients to the already super nutritious egg recipes the’ll go in.
Contest Recipe Requirements
- A minimum of 4 large eggs must be used in the entered recipe or half an egg per serving.
- Entry should be presented on a container for judging that can be left for display should the item win.
- Recipe must list ingredients in order of use; preparation instructions; pan size (and type); number of servings; cooking time; and temperatures. Recipes must be on one side of page and must be submitted with prepared entry and the name of the item.
- Judging based on recipe requirements filled, flavor, appearance, appropriateness of ingredients for recipe, creativity, and texture.
- The Virginia Egg Council retains the right to use the recipients in its promotions.
Entries for the VA Egg Council contest may be entered at the Russell County Fairgrounds in the Home Economics Building between 2:30 p.m. and 7:00 p.m. on Sunday, September 2nd, 2018. Judging will begin at 9:30 a.m. on Monday, September 3rd, 2018 and will be closed to the public.
1st, 2nd, and 3rd place winners will be mailed prizes and become eligible to compete for top state honors at the State Fair of Virginia, on September 28th – October 7th, 2018.
Prizes at State Level:
- 1st – $350
- 2nd – $250
- 3rd – $150
Braswell Family Farms, the local supplier of Eggland’s Best Eggs is supplying:
- 1st – An EB egg a day for a year
- 2nd & 3rd – An EB egg a day for 6 months