GENERAL RULES AND REGULATIONS FOR EXHIBITS IN EXHIBIT BUILDING
The following rules and regulations apply to All Departments for exhibits and are supplemented by department rules and division rules.
1. ALL EXHIBITS MUST HAVE BEEN MADE OR PREPARED BY EXHIBITOR WITHIN THE LAST YEAR.
2. Exhibits will be entered and placed on display at the Russell County Fair Exhibit buildings between the hours of 2:30 p.m. & 7:00 p.m. on Sun. September 2, 2018. Absolutely NO entries will be accepted after 7:00 p.m.
3. There will be only one entry per person per class in all divisions.
4. Judging exhibits will begin at 9:30 a.m. on Monday, September 3. The exhibit buildings will be closed to the public during judging.
5. Exhibits will be removed from exhibit buildings between the hours of 3:00 p.m. and 5:00 p.m. on Sunday, September 9.
6. Any specimen or group of specimens winning first place in a previous Russell County Fair is ineligible.
7. Each entry must be properly tagged for class number, entry number, name and address of exhibitor.
8. Exhibitors must present their portion of entry tags to retrieve returnable exhibits and any prize money.
9. Cash prizes and ribbons as listed will be awarded in each class that has a minimum of three entries. In classes with only one entry, the entry may receive the first placing but with second place money. No prize or ribbon will be awarded to any entry considered unworthy by the judge. In every class, the decision of the judge is final.
10. If Fair receipts are inadequate to permit payment of premiums as listed, the Fair Association reserves the right to reduce the premiums as may be found necessary.
11. Every reasonable precaution will be taken by the Fair Association to protect exhibits against damage or loss. However, the Fair Association assumes NO responsibility in case of loss or damage to person or exhibits from any cause. Upon this condition only is any entry accepted.
12. The Fair Association reserves the right to close any undesirable enterprise on the Fairgrounds.
13. Youth Classes in Crafts, Foods, Clothing and Needlework will be divided in age groups.
14. Any exhibit that deteriorates during the week may be discarded. Premiums will still be awarded and ribbons will be displayed.
15. All items checked in to be judged are expected to remain with the fair until check-out on Sunday.